Monday, October 29, 2007

Days Of Our Lives As Working Individuals

Finally, there is a spark of life in this blog again. I was starting to wonder if anybody at all will start blogging again. Since I am so free in these few days of my work, I decided to blog to you guys about my near 3 months experience in the harsh working society. Let me start off with my 1st and 2nd month in my 1st company ( I will not say the name of the company for safety purposes). The 1st company I worked in have really gave me a head start to hows life in the working world. It gave me a rough picture on what I will be facing for probably the next 2 years or more. Before going for the interview, I was freaking out on what questions will they ask what kind of criteria are they looking for. Just so many things coming across my mind before stepping into the office. Its like a scene in 300 ( Tonight, we dine in HELL! ) Do or die session. But the interviewed turned out to be okay and surprisingly the boss offered me the job immediately, I was shocked because most of my friends told me that they will at least interview for 2 times before accepting you. So without much thinking, I accepted the offer and WHAM, my working life begins.


I must say that it is tough for me to wake up so early every morning to go to work since I normally skip my lectures in the morning in Monash. Wait, not normally I think its every lectures that are in the morning I will skip LOL. Talking about Monash material. I was working as a technical rep they call it but actually I am a salesman, it does not make any difference. Well, the working enviroment is good and quite relaxing. The worst experience I had in the company was when I went and see a lecturer to promote my products. So while I was explaining to him, he suddenly asked me a prophetic word. It went like this, tell me Colin what is your background and naive as I am I thought that my bachelor of science (biotechnology) would be sufficient enough to impress him. So I uttered out to him I am a degree holder in biotech. He looked at me with NO FACIAL expression on his face and he said to me do you know that you are not qualified to sell to me? At that point of time, you can see dark clouds engulfing me then I gave him a blur look and I told him that my company gave me proper training before sending me here, I assured him that I was prepared before going in to see him. True enough, he tested me he asked me questions on the products. WALAO EH!!! that time you can practically see bullshitting at its best


Well life has to go on right? So my boss was very impressed with me on how I handled this kind of situation and promote me to be Sales Manager. Well, that is not true at all LOL! I am just crapping. That would be the 1st and 2nd month of my working experience in my 1st company. It was fun and exciting at the same time...... Wootz!?! I have just started work in my 2nd company for almost 2 weeks now, so I still do not have any stories to tell you guys but when something interesting happens, I will share it with you guys haha.


Working life is sort of like a routine everyday. I wake up at 7am, go out at 7.15am then reach my workplace at 8.05am. I go back at 5.30pm and reach home at 6pm. Rest for a while, makan my dinner and sleep around 12am. Weekdays are just like that, passing by day by day and when weekends come, I will normally stay at home and chill LOL. Boring life man, studying life would be much much better. You have the option of skipping lectures and waking up late everyday, amazing! But once I started working, I began to have plans for the future on what I want myself to be in the next 5 years to come at least. I have all these great plans for myself but heck knows whether I can achieve it or not lol but hopefully I can. Well Sam, enjoy your life in Monash while you can man enjoy to the maximum before joining us in the cruel working world outside. Kh, what can I say don't sleep during meeting anymore LOL. Oh ya I forgotten to mention that Kh was once my colleague before LOL. Ivan oh Ivan, do what you do best man. Till next time bloggers, dont know when will be the next time but certainly will be some day

No comments: