Thursday, March 1, 2007

First Week Of the Final Semester

As I walked out of the lab management lecture at 4 00p.m, it marks the end of my first week classes for this final semester. Semester by semester, the timetable is getting better and better. Since in the past I usually took four subjects with lab, I felt extra free this semester mainly as there is only two labs which is GEN3030 and bioactive .The elective which I had chosen for this semester was lab management and marketing theory and practice. The former subject is not as it seems and it does not require us to attend any practical classes whereas for the latter subject, I will elaborate more on it in the later part. Throughout my 3 years in Monash, this semester was the best in term of the amount of days I need to be in the Uni and there is no more 8 am classes. Hell yeah, my classes was only Mon-Thurs with only one class allocated on Thurs.

Alright, after cracking my head throughout my summer holiday, I finally decided to take marketing as my elective out of desperation. The initial choice for my elective was actually microeconomics but I ended up taking marketing as I does not like the timetable allocated for the microeconomics. And here I go taking marketing this semester with the hope of getting previous assignment, notes and tutorial exercise from the rest of the homies since they already took it in the 2005 summer. The marketing tutorial which I attended today was the first tutorial for this semester since the tutorial for remaining subjects will only begin in the second week. As blur as usual, I did not know that there would be tutorial for marketing in the first week as tutorial usually begins on the second week for science subjects. My initial allocation was on Tues 2-3 and god knows where I loiter around with the fellow homies on that time. Thanks goodness there is 9 tutorials allocated for that subject and so I decided to attend the tutorial on Wed 2-3. But once again, I ‘accidentally’ skipped the tutorial on Wednesday as me and the fellow homies went to ss15 after lecture at 1pm to do something which we promise we would not do. What’s the promise we made? Yeah you guess it rite, we promise not to DOTA anymore since last semester. It turns to be fiasco isn’t it?

Due to my repeated mistakes, I told myself that I would definitely attend the tutorial classes either on Thurs 11-12 or 12-1. As I woke up around 9 45 a.m on Thursday morning, I can feel the motivation within me to attend the 11am tutorial. As I was getting ready to leave my house, I realized that I had left my com on overnight to download the movie ‘Night in the museum’ and it was completely downloaded at that time. So what did I do? Yeah u guess it rite. I sat on the chair in front of my com and I enjoyed watching the movie till around 11 15a.m. At that particular time , I told myself ‘DIE DIE ALSO MUZ GO TUTORIAL ‘.Hence, with my strong will to go for tutorial, I immediately shuts down my computer and headed to uni where I reached at about 11 50a.m. Yeah, im finally in time to attend the tutorial and im really proud of myself for being able to attend the tutorial with my strong will.

As I enter the tutorial room, there was only two students with one busy reading while the other busy listening to songs. Puzzled whether Im in the wrong class, I took up the courage to ask them if im in marketing tutorial. Yes, was the answer and at that particular moment, I said to myself ‘Yes Ivan, u finally made it to the marketing tutorial’. As the tutorial begins, there are only 12 students included myself. Wow, what a small tutorial classes. Im not use to it as the tutorial classes for the science subject would usually had around 20-30 students. Putting that aside, I get really shocked when im told in the tutorial that I would actually required to present my tutorial answer in front of the classes in a PowerPoint form. Previously, kh told me that we would juz need to do one tutorial and read out the answer to the class and that’s it, full stop. Not only we need to present one particular tutorial in front of the class, but we are also required to hand in 2 pages long tutorial answer every week. Oh man, u guys wont know how disappointed I am at that period of time. However, it was still better than taking elective with practical classes and struggling with additional lab report every week rite? To make matter worst, im taking this particular subject alone and so, there would be no one for me to discuss the tutorial question or even the presentation slide with,. The tutorial finally ended and in being disappointed, I went to the computer lab and simply surfing the net and save up all the marketing stuff. After two hours doing nutz in the com lab, I get my ass off the seat and headed towards the lab management lecture. There, I met Hui ru and who know, she told me that she took marketing last summer and the tutorial question was exactly the same as hers. So what evil thinking do u think I have in mind? Yeah, I asked her for her marketing stuff and she said she will pass the soft and hard copy to me provided I bought her 3 types of chocolate. I was so happy on that period of time as there was still hope for me to surivive in marketing class. To tell the truth, science subject was all about memorizing but as far as the first lecture are concern, I don’t think pure memorizing would allow me to do any good in this marketing subject. I’m somehow still worried on how im gonna survive in this marketing classes. Alrite there are more to write but if I gonna write all u guyz will get bored reading all my craps. Ok till nxt time.(Actually gonna play game with frens dats y lazy to continue blog hehe )

No comments: